Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Treats 2013 - Pretzel Candies

Hey there. It is that time of the week again. Time for me to write on my blog. :)

Being the first week of December, Christmas is all that fills my thoughts. I love Christmas! It is my favorite time of year. This year, I will be making Christmas treats like I do most years and giving them as gifts. I made these last night to see how they turn out. It was a recipe that I found on Pinterest.com.


I did change a few things out of necessity and desire. :) So, here goes.

Step One:

First, preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and cut to fit. Place pretzels at least 1/2 inch apart. I was able to fit 35 on my first tray.

Note: This is the first thing that I changed from the recipe on the Pinterest post. That recipe called for pretzel rings but I couldn't find them at my local Kroger. So, I used the waffle pretzels.

Step Two:

Top each pretzel with a Hershey Kiss. I used the Candy Cane ones for this batch. Bake for about four minutes.

Step Three:

Next, remove from oven and immediately push an M&M candy in the middle of the Hershey Kiss, pressing lightly. (I changed this from the original recipe. It said to use chocolate chips but I figured M&M candies would be less messy.) Don't worry about it if the chocolate spills over the edge of the pretzel. Let cool for at least an hour. Then store in an airtight container.

I decided to do a second batch using Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses to see how they turned out. Here are the photos from those.



The candy cane ones looked more festive but both were equally good and equally addictive. :)

I will be posting several different Christmas treats in the next couple weeks as I decide which ones I will be giving to friends, family and neighbors. I have to try them out on the hubby and kids first before they can be given as gifts. :) They don't mind. So, see you soon.

Don't forget to check out the contest I'm doing. You just might score a container of these awesome treats for yourself. :) http://thepinterestaddict.blogspot.com/2013/12/nikkis-christmas-contest-2013.html

3 comments:

  1. Awesome I will be trying these they look so Yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried something like this recently with rolos and pecans (like a chocolate turtle) They are fantastic and so easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the winner is...... Kelly Dewey. I will be contacting you a little later today. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete